Asking the “right” questions will greatly improve your odds when it comes to any endeavor. When it comes to marketing, having the right answers will mean more clients at a lower cost to you. Here are 5 questions that will maximize your marketing efforts and dollars:
1. Who are your ideal clients? Most business professionals have a very vague or far too general idea of who their “best” clients really are. If you know where to find these clients and understand their characteristics (demographics, psychographics, affinities, etc.), then you can develop targeted programs which will increase sales more effectively.
2. How do your ideal clients respond to certain words, statements, or ideas? Doing a little research by spending time with your ideal clients, either online or in person, will give you an idea of how to interact with them. Use this knowledge in your written materials, your presentations, and whenever you speak with them.
3. How much information will your prospects actually read? Some people prefer short articles with 5-10 tips and others prefer longer reports. It may depend on their level of education, job, and time constraints. Knowing this information will allow you to tailor your marketing materials to your ideal client’s specifications.
4. What are the biggest challenges faced by your clients and potential clients, and do you have the solutions they need? You can’t connect with your prospects without knowing what they need and how you can help them. Make sure that you are addressing what they want and not what you think they want!
5. What is the best way to reach your ideal clients? If they belong to organizations, join the same groups and use your mutual membership as the foundation for a relationship. Some clients may prefer to network online via social networking sites. If so, ensuring that you have a presence on these sites and that you are an active participant will be a better investment of time and energy.
Asking these 5 questions will provide important answers that will ultimately help you determine which marketing strategies are best for growing your business.